Sunday, December 12, 2010

Artist Inspiration Assignment

For this assignment, we were given an artist to which we had to research their style, and create a piece of art in a way that was from inspiration of said artist. I was assigned James Ptterson, A.K.A. Presstube. A lot of his work is done in flash, so I decided to create  my work in a 'screen-shot' style. I noticed that a lot of his characters are very crudely drawn in a 'sketchy' and rough sort of way, usually keeping it black and white. I also noticed that his creations are not traditional art form or normal everyday things. They are usually imagined objects or creatures with similar resemblances to human or plant characteristics. I also noticed he likes to add weird hair and facial hairs to his characters. This inspired me to come up with this.


 It was somewhat easy for me to come up with this type of picture because I am not that great of an artist, and I feel I can better draw abstract things that don't need to look a certain way. What initially launched my ideas was one of his Flash projects in which a pair of forearms and hands are one of the first things you see.



From this I tried to imagine what was previously attached to these, and from there just used an abstract and weird guided imagination to create a James Paterson inspired picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment